Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!!


So long 2012, it’s a new start 2013!!
Another year come and gone, a whirlwind of a year it has been!  Strange to think this is the first year in three years that we haven’t had a baby!!  Yikes!  And we aren’t announcing another one either!  =)

Travis has completed his second-to-last semester!  I can hardly contain myself!!  He will take three more classes again next semester (ugh!) and a class in the summer and then be done with his bachelors in Computer Science!!  We hope to have a BIG party!  He has been in school almost our whole marriage.  He is still at Mayo, working hard, and hopes to get into programming upon graduation.  This will be a much anticipated change!

I can’t believe Ashley will be five in February!  Where does the time go?  We have officially decided to homeschool the kids and we have been doing preschool at home with her.  She is a great, caring sister and looks after her little brothers well.  She continues to be a great helper for me and I am sure that will continue to get even better!

Tanner will be three in March.  I was just wondering the other day why he wasn’t fitting into his 2T clothes.  Well, because he’s almost three!!  Wow!!  Tanner is “all boy”!  He is a joy and keeps me on my toes!  His little brother is finally growing on him a bit. =)

My baby boy, TJ, is one already!  He is a ham and loves spending time with his brother and sister!  He is crawling all over the place and uses his walker and furniture to walk around.  He hasn’t decided to walk on his own yet but seems to be getting very close!

This year I have wanted so much to “simplify”!  I have been trying to get rid of extra things so we can focus more on each other rather than “stuff” and organizing.  Focus more on each other- Just one of the reasons for homeschooling, spending more time together as a family.

It has been a tough year for many reasons.  I have battled depression and finally feel as though I have finally come through on the bright side.  It’s amazing what taking care of yourself can do along with “letting go and letting God”!!  Travis and I did a whole foods cleanse in September and began Crossfit (high intensity health and fitness training) in October.  We are both enjoying it and I even heard the words “I sort of miss it” come out of my husband’s mouth regarding both of these activities!!  In November, my parent’s divorce was final after a long road and Dennis, Travis’s mom’s husband, was diagnosed with very aggressive, high grade bladder cancer. 

I was part of a running group this summer and ran my first two 5Ks this year.  I never thought I would be a runner but the Moms on the Run program made it happen!  I became an independent Norwex consultant in November and will be working to help families to improve their health and quality of life by greatly reducing the use of chemicals in personal care and cleaning.  I am really excited about this new opportunity as I can determine my own schedule and still spend a majority of my time with my family.  http://allisonvail.norwex.biz/  I truly don’t know what I would have done this year without Jesus and the support of my amazing husband and friends!  Jesus gives me peace in a time of chaos and fills me up when I feel so empty sometimes.

We look forward to celebrating Jesus’ birth next week when we will thank Him for humbling Himself and coming to earth to die for us!!

Bless you in the New Year and may you feel Christ’s love in a deep, meaningful way!                  

Love, Travis & Allison, Ashley(4), Tanner(2) and TJ(1)                                                                                   

No comments: