Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Days 1-3

Day 1- Sept 10, 2012

Day one was the easiest. You are excited about a new thing so you don’t really care that you are eating NOTHING that tastes good!! =) The blended frozen banana that was the consistency of ice cream was the closest thing to anything tasting good. Essentially, banana ice cream but it was just banana and cinnamon. This is one of the goals though, to expand the palate. =)

Going grocery shopping on day one wasn’t bad. Kind of exciting picking out veggies I hadn’t had in a long time or never had in my life. It would be fun to see how it tastes and if I end up continuing to buy those veggies.

Started needing to “use the facilities” around 2-3pm and I’ll spare you those details. =) Overall, day one I did great and felt good too.


Day 2- Sept 11, 2012

Day two was still good. Since I had to go to the store it made it a little harder seeing things I wished I could have but thankfully the trip was quick- in and out.

I did have an accident when I was making the kids lunch. I licked my finger that had peanut butter on it that I had put on the kids celery! As soon as I licked it I was like, oops, I am not supposed to have that. =) Then I was tempted to eat their other foods but I refrained.

I was excited about our dinner but for some reason it turned spicy hot. Even hubby said it was spicy and he does fine with spicy. Not sure what did it because it was only basil, parsley, oregano and salt and pepper. I didn’t think any of those would make it spicy.

Still nothing tasted good (dinner would have been without the spicy) but I did it and am still feeling good about it.


Day 3- Sept 12, 2012

Today is a little harder, mainly with feeding the kiddos their lunch and wanting to eat it. Thankfully I have transitioned them to healthier things too but it is not on our menu this week. =( I admit, I did cheat and have a bite of a noodle. It was about the size of my pinky finger so I don’t think it will affect me!! =)

I tried to change my lunch and make it taste better with the supplements. I put the supplements separate and gagged. Then I only added a little to my smoothie and then my smoothie was pretty tasty.

Still have dinner to go tonight, but so far so good. I will do this!!

No comments: